5 Things To Do After Hiring A Roofing Company
Replacing or repairing your roof is an important decision that requires careful thought and research. Once you have made the decision to hire a roofing company, there are still some steps to take in order to ensure that you get the best possible outcome for your experience. This article will discuss 5 things to do after hiring a roofing company – from researching their credentials to getting references from other customers.
Introduction: Hiring A Roofing Company
After you’ve hired a roofing company, there are still a few things you need to do in order to prepare for your new roof. Here’s a checklist of things to do after hiring a roofing company:
- Make sure the area around your home is clear of debris.
- If you have any trees near your home, trim them back so they’re not touching the house.
- Remove any objects from your yard that could be damaged by falling debris during the roofing process.
- Cover any outdoor furniture or grills with tarps to protect them from dust and debris.
- Move any cars out of the driveway so the roofers have clear access to the house.
- Put away any valuables or breakable items inside your home that could be damaged by falling debris or vibrations from the roofing process.
- Let your neighbors know about the upcoming roofing work so they can plan accordingly and be aware of potential noise and traffic in the area.
Research the Company
After hiring a roofing company, the first thing you should do is research the company. You can do this by visiting their website and reading customer reviews. This will give you a good idea of what to expect from the company and whether or not they are reputable.
It is also important to research the type of roofing material that the company uses. This will ensure that you are getting a quality product that will last for years.
Finally, you should contact the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints filed against the company. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you are working with a reputable company.
Get an Estimate of Costs
After you’ve found a roofing company that you feel comfortable with, it’s time to get an estimate of costs. This is usually done by the roofing company visiting your home and taking measurements. They will then provide you with a written estimate of the cost of materials and labor.
Make sure to ask the roofing company for a detailed estimate that itemizes materials and labor costs. This will help you compare estimates from different companies and make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Once you have an estimate, it’s important to get a few other bids before making a final decision. This way, you can be confident you’re choosing the right roofing company for your needs and budget.
Ask About Warranties, Insurance and Licensing
It’s important to ask your roofing company about any warranties they offer on their work, as well as what type of insurance they carry. You should also inquire about any licensing the company may have. By asking these questions, you can be sure that you’re hiring a reputable and reliable roofing company.
Schedule an Inspection of Completed Work
After your roofing project is completed, it is important to schedule an inspection of the work that was done. This will ensure that everything was done properly and that there are no problems with the roof.
In order to schedule an inspection, you will need to contact the roofing company that you hired. They will be able to give you a time and date for the inspection. Once you have the time and date set, make sure that you are available to be at the home during the inspection.
The inspector will come out and look at the work that was done. They will take pictures and make notes of any problems they see. After the inspection is complete, they will give you a report of their findings. If there are any problems, they will recommend what needs to be done in order to fix them.
It is important to follow up after an inspection to make sure that all of the recommended repairs are made. This will ensure that your roof is in good condition and will last for many years to come.
Check Reviews and References
After hiring a roofing company, the first thing you should do is check reviews and references. There are a few things you should keep in mind when doing this:
- Make sure the references are from actual customers. The best way to do this is to ask for customer testimonials or to check online review sites.
- Check to see if the roofing company has any complaints with the Better Business Bureau or other similar organizations.
- Ask the references if they were satisfied with the work performed by the roofing company and if they would recommend them to others.
- Finally, make sure you understand what the warranty covers before deciding.
Call Summit Roof Service, Inc. for Your Roof Repair Needs!
Regardless of how durable your roof’s material is, there will always come a time when it will leak or show other signs of deterioration. Seeing such a sign, however, does not mean you should start planning for a replacement. A replacement will not only be expensive but also very wasteful since you will be forgoing your roof’s full potential. Instead, the best step to take is to call Summit Roof Service, Inc.
Summit Roof Service, Inc. is a family-owned and operated roofing and repair business serving the Allen and Grapevine areas for over 25 years. We are experts in all types of roofing, from traditional shingle roofs to today’s more advanced roofing systems. We use the latest technology and equipment to diagnose and repair roofs quickly and efficiently, always with your safety as our number one priority.
If you are interested in a roof inspection or feel it is time to replace your roof, contact Summit Roof Service Inc. at 972-715-1655 in Allen, TX, or 972-484-7774 in Grapevine, TX. Summit Roof has been committed to providing a wide range of satisfactory roofing services, including installation, repairs, and replacement.
Not sure if you have roof damage?
- 5 year transferable on installation of complete roof
- 30-50 year manufacturer warranty depending on product