Hail Damage Roof Solutions
Hail storms are a very common occurrence in the United States, but what happens when you find out that your roof is damaged? Summit Roof Services offers hail damage roof solutions, including hail repair services and hail replacement services.
Have Hail Damage?
When hail strikes your home, it can cause a lot of damage. In some cases, the hail can actually break through the roof and into your home. If this happens, you need to take steps to repair the hail damaged roof as quickly as possible. Here are some tips on how to do that:
1) Contact a roofing contractor to assess the damage. They will be able to provide a detailed report on what needs to be done in order to repair the hail damage roof.
2) Repair any broken tiles or shingles. This will help protect the underlying structure from further damage.
3) Install new roofing if necessary. This will help protect your home from future hail strikes and other weather-related events.
Types of Roof Solutions
There are a few types of roof solutions for hail damage. The most common is to just replace the affected section of the roof. This is often the cheapest and easiest solution, but it can be a little bit risky because there’s a risk that the new piece of the roof won’t weather well. Another option is to repair the hail damage and hope that it doesn’t happen again. This can be more expensive, but it can also be more effective in terms of keeping your roof from deteriorating over time.
What Is the Process of Repairing a Damaged Roof?
If you have hail damage to your roof, there are a few things you need to do in order to repair it. First, you’ll need to assess the extent of the damage. This means looking at the roof and figuring out where all of the hail has impacted it. Once you have an idea of the extent of the damage, you can start to plan your repair.
The first step in repairing a hail-damaged roof is to remove any excess hail that has fallen on top of the roof. This can be done by using a rake or a shovel. Once all of the hail is removed, you’ll need to clean up any remaining debris on the roof. This can be done with a hose or a broom. Next, you’ll need to patch any holes in the roof that were caused by hail. You can do this by using either special roofing materials or asphalt shingles. Finally, you’ll need to seal any cracks in the roof with a sealant.
Costs Involved in Repairing a Damaged Roof
If you’ve had hail damage to your roof, you might be concerned about the cost of repairing it. The good news is that there are a variety of repair options available, and the cost of each will vary depending on the severity of the damage. Here are some costs to consider:
1. Roofing materials and repairs: This is likely the largest expense involved in repairing a hail-damaged roof. You’ll need new tar or asphalt shingles, metal flashing, and possibly a new roof deck. Depending on the severity of the damage, you might also need repairs to vents, gables, or ridges on your roof.
2. Roofing labor: Unless you have a contractor handy to do the repairs for you, hiring someone to do the work will probably cost you between $1,000 and $3,000 per hour.
3. Insurance deductible: Once you’ve determined the total cost of repairing your hail-damaged roof, make sure to include your insurance deductible in the equation. This will help determine how much of the cost you’ll need to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance company starts picking up part of the tab.
4. Reimbursement from the insurance company: If you have homeowner’s insurance, you may be reimbursed for the cost of repairing your roof. Depending on the policy and how much coverage you currently have, however, you may be required to pay back a percentage of that reimbursement for using it for roof repairs. In some cases, if you want to go this route, it’s best to make sure that your roofer has also been hired at least in part because of your hail damage.
Benefits of Repairing a Damaged Roof
There are many benefits to repairing a damaged roof, compared to having a new one installed. Here are five of the top reasons:
1. Savings on Replacement Costs: A new roof typically costs more than repair, regardless of the condition of the roof. Roof repairs can often be done for a fraction of the cost of a new roof.
2. Reduced Energy Costs: A damaged roof can reduce your home’s energy efficiency by up to 50%. Repairs can help improve airflow and minimize heat loss, which can save you money on heating and cooling bills.
3. Increased Life Span: A properly repaired roof is likely to have a longer life than a new one. Roof repairs can prevent water infiltration, which can cause metal fatigue and lead to premature failure.
4. Improved aesthetics: Repaired roofs often look better than new roofs, due to their age and history. This may be important to you if you are planning on selling your home soon or if you want someone else to be able to use your home comfortably and aesthetically.
5. Reduced Risk of Collapse: A properly repaired roof reduces the risk of collapse by up to 80%. If your roof does collapse, it is much less likely to cause extensive damage.
Contact Summit Roof
If you are suspicious of any roof damage, be sure to contact a professional roofing company. The experts will know what to look for and how to fix any applicable damage. Plus, almost all roofing companies work directly with insurance companies to help settle roof damage claims. In the midst of filing a hail claim with your insurance company, be sure they approve the roofing company you intend to hire. This will limit problems down the road.
Summit Roof will help you with all of the above. Give us a call at (972) 715-1655 to schedule an inspection. Also, please visit our website—https://summitroof.com—and our blog for additional roofing input. Trust a company with over 25 years in the business!
Not sure if you have roof damage?
- 5 year transferable on installation of complete roof
- 30-50 year manufacturer warranty depending on product