The roof of your home in Dallas Fort-Worth is one of the most integral parts of the entire structure. It helps protect the interior of your home from outside elements and if compromised, can lead to moisture problems. For that reason, it is crucial to make sure your roof is in its best possible shape at all times. Keeping an eye on your roof’s condition will help you to spot problems early on, and avoid expensive repairs down the line.
If your old roof has met its expiration date, you may notice:
- Signs of leaks and/or water damage
- Sagging roof deck
- Sunlight shining through your roof
- Any dark spots and trails
- Cracked, curling or missing shingles
- Moss or algae growth
If you notice one or more of these signs, you need to call the DFW roofing experts at Summit Roof Service Inc. for roof replacement service ASAP.
Now that you have discovered that you probably need a new roof, you should begin planning accordingly. Your plan should cover your roofing budget as well as disruptions. And when it comes to disruptions, one of the most common questions we hear about roof replacement has to do with time. Everyone wants to know just how long it will take to get their roof replaced. Unfortunately, the answer to this particular question is not so cut and dry.
There are several factors that influence the amount of time a roof replacement job will take, which makes every roof replacement service project different from the rest. Continue reading to learn which factors influence the amount of time a roof replacement job entails, and then make your best assessment on how much time it will likely take.
Roof Construction Timelines
A complete roof replacement service involves a long series of steps. There is a planning phase, an approval phase, an inspection phase, a construction phase, and more. During construction alone, the entire existing roof must be stripped and removed. The substrate must be prepared properly, the new roof must be laid, and all the finishing features must be fitted and installed, including fascia, trim, gutters, and more.
With just the construction portion involving so much work, homeowners in Dallas, TX, want to know how long their entire reroofing project will take. No one wants to be subjected to construction for extended periods of time. So when the question arises, and it always does, here is the most accurate answer suitable for all roof replacement jobs:
The amount of time it takes to complete a roof replacement service project depends on several factors, including:
- The size of the roof. It should go without saying – the larger your roof, the longer it will take to replace.
- The configuration of the roof. Roofs with multiple chimneys, steep slopes and other unusual features are architecturally complex and can slow the replacement down dramatically.
- The type of material being used. While asphalt shingles can be replaced within a day or two, roofing materials such as wood shakes and metal may take anywhere between 2 and 5 days. Working with concrete tiles and natural slate, however, is the most time-consuming as they generally take anywhere from 5 to 14 days to replace.
- The number of staff available. Of course, the bigger the crew, the faster they will be able to complete the job.
- The experience and skill levels of the roofing contractors. As an extension to the above consideration, the more experience and skills a roofing contractor has, the faster they will be able to replace your roof.
- Weather/Seasonal conditions. A professional roofing crew in DFW can tear off and replace more square feet of shingles when the day is clear and mildly warm. Unfavorable weather conditions (such as high winds, sudden rain or heavy storms) and brutally hot summers can stop a roof replacement job cold in its tracks.
- The extent of needed repairs.
- Municipality and professional factors, such as building codes, inspection requirements, and paperwork procedures.
Hire Trusted Roof Replacement Service
Be sure to choose a trusted and experienced roofing company in Dallas Fort-Worth that is licensed, bonded, and insured. In the hands of a reliable and trustworthy roofing company, you can feel confident that your roof replacement service project will carry on without any problems or setbacks. And if unforeseen setbacks do occur, a dependable company has all the proper procedures and internal codes to manage them.
Call Summit Roof Service Inc. at 972-715-1655 to request an estimate for Dallas, TX, roof replacement services. With over 30 years of experience in the residential roofing industry, we promise to deliver the highest standards of excellence for homeowners throughout the Dallas Metro Area. Check out our blog and social media for additional details about roof replacement service.